Project Director Position
In its two years of existence, Rise Up has supported over 30 projects and organizations with funding, community building and coaching. We have:
● Made grants of over $750K
● Developed thriving Communities of Practice
● Spearheaded research on this emerging ecosystem
● Cultivated relationships with the Jewish funding community
● Helped grantees build fundraising capacity
● Led Fortification for Mobilization series leading up to 2020 election
Rise Up is poised for a next chapter of evolution and growth. It embodies tremendous capacity to transform the Jewish social justice field and the elevating of prophetic work and voice from the Jewish community. The Project Director is a part-time role of 20 hours/week. It is designed for a seasoned practitioner interested in this level of work.
Name and build the emerging ecosystem Rise Up is cultivating. This includes expanding the website, leveraging our forthcoming research project, and developing additional mediums to tell the story of Rise Up grantee work in creative ways.
Relationship building with others in adjacent and related fields, tracking overall needs and trends in Jewish spiritual life and Jewish social justice, and discerning opportunities for partnership with greatest impact.
Foster community and collaboration among grantees through the Community of Practice cohorts.
Help strengthen the impact of grantee organizations through Community of Practice cohorts, individual and small group coaching, and organizing “deep dive” trainings that support grantee development.
Manage a relational grantmaking process in collaboration with Rise Up’s project support staff. This includes communication with prospective grantees, crafting grant recommendations for the Leadership Team, stewarding final decisions, and overseeing grant administration in collaboration with SocialGood Fund..
GROW FUNDING BASE
Build strong and collaborative relationships with existing and potential funders to both build resources for Rise Up and match funders with individual grantees for potential funding. Educate the Jewish and interfaith funding worlds about Rise Up’s work.
GOVERNANCE AND SUPERVISION
Guide the internal workings of the project including supervision of program support, managing the annual budget, supporting the work of the Rise Up Leadership Team and steward relationship with Nathan Cummings Foundation and other funders.
Interface with SocialGood Fund and manage Rise Up's fiscal sponsorship agreement.
A candidate will thrive in this role if they have the following capacities and skills:
● Facilitative leadership
● Strategic thinking and implementation
● Hold boundaries and maturity around multiple roles including grant maker, community
builder, fundraiser and partner
● Strong grounding in Jewish tradition, practice and/or community
● Build multiple types of trusting relationships
● Strong and clear communication, both verbally and in writing
● Holds clear anti-racist politics, approach and presence
● Efficiency and attention to detail
● Holding big picture
● Hours: Please note again, this is a part-time position, 15-20 hours/week.
● Compensation: $60-70K yearly based on experience; only PTO benefits provided.
● Start date: March 15, 2022. This new staff person and the current project director will
overlap to ensure a smooth transition.
● Location: This is a remote position. As public health realities permit, there will be some
limited travel for in-person gatherings.
Commitment to Racial Equity and Inclusion
Rise Up is committed to racial equity and inclusion at every level, from grantee support to our Leadership Team. Not only are we an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on any basis, we strongly encourage Jews of Color to apply.